Whether you’re a business owner or someone with an interest in Forklifts the costs of buying and maintaining a Forklift can be expensive.
If you’re in the market for buying a Forklift, it is necessary to ensure that you’re getting what you pay for so before you dive into buying a Forklift, ensure you’ve done your homework, luckily for you, we’re here to help with a few tips.
- Firstly, ensure you’re buying from a reputable dealer.
- Next, do a visual check – walk around the vehicle, look for obvious flaws and ensure that all nuts and bolts are tight and secure. Ensure the forks aren’t bent and that there are no leaks anywhere.
- Next are the operational checks, first ensure that the driving mechanisms are operational and then check that the lifting mechanisms are in good working order.
- Hire a qualified mechanic to take a look at the engine, as well as the brakes and steering wheel. Ensure that these and the gear stick all move without problem or sticking.
- Hire a CTFS approved examiner to give the Forklift truck a thorough examination. If there are any failures ensure that you get a mechanic to put right any problems to ensure that the vehicle is safe to use.
It should go without saying but always make sure that regular checks are carried out on a Forklift Truck. Keeping the vehicle in good working order and ensuring that the necessary safety checks are regularly carried out reduces the risk of injury or any problems occurring. Always ensure that any problems with the vehicle are addressed immediately and put back in good working order.
If you’re looking for Forklift Training, Forklift Agency can help. We carry out training on all types of forklift trucks nationwide, we can train during hours that suit you and your business and we don’t charge extras for unsociable hours or travelling costs. If you think Forklift Agency can help your business and staff why not get in touch? Call us on 0330 330 9495 or complete the form below and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
[contact-form-7 id=”64″ title=”Contact form 1″]